1. In today’s world, many owners are altering their own diet to control the amount of grain they eat, and now approximately 10% (over 60 options) of the dry dog foods have “Grain Free” on the label.
2. Remember that Grain Free does not mean low carbohydrate! So where are the carbs coming from? Potato, Sweet Potato, Peas, and Tapioca are all Grain Free Carbohydrates added to these dog foods. Many are good options due to lower carbohydrates from grains, but many pack too many other carbohydrates into the bag and are not healthy choices for your dog.
3. Our long list of dry dog food options has a number of Grain Free options if you are looking for that type of food. These are Grain Free AND high protein AND low carbohydrate.
4. Approximately ½ of the “Grain Free” dog foods you see in the stores are NOT GOING TO KEEP YOUR DOG HEALTHY.
5. Real Life Example: “Grain Free” on label: 23% Protein, 14% Fat, 10% Moisture. On a dry matter basis this would be 25.5% Protein, 15.5% Fat, but 51% carbs! Not going to work. This product is too low in protein and too high in carbs.
If you want to avoid grain, you need to chose the right ones to benefit your dog.
They are here only on this website.
Click here for the list of Best Dry Dog Foods – includes many Grain-Free Choices
Click here to see why Grain free can help your dog’s skin and ear problems